To schedule backup of your Daminion Server-based media archive
Download this zip archive and unpack it to a folder.
Add the files/folders listed below to your backup program’s task list:
- The folder Daminion Server uses to store uploaded files. This can be accessed from the Daminion Server Administration Panel Dashboard
- Any shared folders that were imported to Daminion Server without uploading
- The Daminion Server Settings file: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Daminion Software\Daminion\1.0\Settings.xml
- Optionally the thumbnail folder: “C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Daminion Software\Daminion\Temporary\ThumbnailCache“
NOTE: Please check the PostgreSQl settings in the ‘postgresql_config.bat’ file:
- Open the “postgresql_config.bat” file with Notepad
- Specify a valid path to your PostgreSQL folder
- Specify a valid port, login and password for PostgreSQL
PGAdmin from your PostgreSQL\bin folder will show you which port is used by PostgreSQL
- Double click the “dump_postgresql.bat” file to create a test dump
NOTE: Backup may take some time depending on the file size of your database.
To restore the Daminion Server catalog
Use the Daminion Server Administration Panel (File > Restore Database)
NOTE: The restore process may take some time depending on the file size of your database.